Sunday, February 24, 2013

Count Down: 7 days after today (late post)

Monday, February 11, 2013  - No School because of National Holiday (Lunar New Year)

Today we had no school because yesterday was the first or second biggest national holiday in Korea:  the Lunar New Year, and today was a travel day for many Koreans. They travel to see family, and pay their respects. Even though the holiday was technically yesterday, I think they make today a day off too because the Koreans need a day to travel back from wherever they went for the holiday, and they need time to recuperate before returning to school, academies, and hogwans.

What do you think? Does this make sense?

Some of the teachers who are staying longer came by my apartment today to take food stuff and other extra things. Good thing I started moving sooner than I have in the past. It's always a longer process than I anticipate...

While walking by myself up the road to the "Green Food Zone" store to buy more spinach, I smiled at the semi-blue sky and looked at everything around me as I always do, with the same thoughts as usual passing in my mind. "Ooh, those snacks on sale look good. I wonder if they're traditional Korean snacks?"

No comments:

Post a Comment