Sunday, February 24, 2013

Count Down: 12 days after today (late post)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Today I told my 29 students I'm leaving Korea and probably not coming back. I almost cried. It was difficult. In a way, my heart was closed because I was afraid of showing emotion. They asked me why I'm leaving. I responded, "Good question!" I thought to myself, "I've been asking myself this for quite some time without really knowing why..."

I told them it's partly because I have scholarship money to go back to school that I must use before it expires. I told them I  need to go to back to school to learn how to be a better teacher. (Indeed, I want to get my masters, in teaching of some sort - probably ESL - and my AmeriCorps Education Award expires 2014 I think...)

Today I experienced another amazing thing about Korea. I got my eyes checked, my prescription updated, new glasses made, and bought new frames. I then picked up my new glasses about an hour later. I ate dinner with a friend at a delicious Indian restaurant down the street while waiting for my new glasses. 

The cost of the eye vision check, new prescription lenses *with* anti-scratch coating and new frames:  $50 total! That's all - fifty dollars!

I got to choose out of a box of various glasses cases too. It wasn't hard; this polar bear cub case won hands down- so Korean; so cute! Even the glasses cleaner rag is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment