Sunday, February 24, 2013

Count Down: 17 days after today (late post)

Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm still writing '2012' half the time...

Today we were back to school with the kids. I was happy to see my students, but not as happy or excited as I thought I'd be... Anyway, some of them have longer hair and others shorter hair. Most of them studied English, and some of them traveled to Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and the Philippines.

One of my 4th grade students showed me a friendly version of high five called, "Hug Five." Instead of giving someone a clapping high five, you hold up your hand and they hold up theirs to yours, palms together, and wrap your thumbs around each other's.

Next week is the English Essay Contest. Then, shortly after, school will end. It's going to be sad leaving but I trust I'm doing what is best for me.

For dinner, a bunch of us went to the Makkoli House for my friend's birthday!  I love their 파전 ("pajeon"), which is a Korean pancake. I'm not so much a fan of their 막걸리 "makkoli" or rice wine. Here you can see my friend pouring some rice wine for others from a clay (or ceramic?) carafe while another friend munches on sides of sauteed lotus stem, mushrooms, onions, and kimchi of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment