Saturday, January 21, 2012

Important note about Oxford Seminars' Graduate Placement Services

Here's an important note. I received my TEFL Certificate through Oxford Seminars (OS) which has *excellent* Graduate Placement Services (good FOR LIFE)! After I completed the 3-week in-person 60-hour course, and subsequent 40-hour online self-paced portion, I contacted the Graduate Placement Services people. They asked me where I was interested in getting a teaching job. I couldn't decide but to put down *something* to get the process started, I typed on a whim, "Korea," without thinking much further about it. OS Graduate Placement Services also asked for my cover letter and resume (I believe), and once I sent that, they asked if I was ready to have them send these things on to their contacts in Korea. Since I wasn't sure what I wanted, but didn't want to lose more time in thinking about it, I said, "Yes." This simple "Yes," catapulted me into the process of getting a job in Korea. I haven't looked back or thought about another country since then because I know me- I needed to focus on one country; otherwise I knew I would get overwhelmed and that I might have ended up not going at all.

My points are these.

1. Oxford Seminars' Graduate Placement Services are extremely helpful! They have GREAT contacts and promptly respond to emails.

2. Once I told OS to send my resume to Korea, this short simple act is what got the ball rolling; it started a whole rapid chain of events that I hadn't expected that required *me* to be on the ball as well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have quite a bizarre request! So… I'm already a certified TESOL teacher (worked in Korea for several years), and now I'm considering a move to China.

    I came across the oxford seminars placement services with contact information of thousands schools around the world, but it's restricted to oxford seminar certified users only. To gain access you need to have completed the course, and then receive the login details.

    I want to get in touch with schools across China. The million dollar question -- is there any chance you can share the full contact information with me? It's really important and I'd be willing to pay! Please email me if you feel like you can help charltongac@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete