Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy (Lunar) New Year!

"Happy New Year" in Korean is "새해 복 많이 받으세요"(pronounced "saehae bog manh-i bad-euseyo"). [This is a loose translation.] 

 

The Lunar New Year, called, "설날" (pronounced "Seollal") is apparently one of the

most important holidays celebrated in Korea. It is a national holiday where people travel

to see their family members and celebrate the Lunar New Year (January 22-24th).

One custom is to watch the sunrise of the new year. Cheers to a super Seollal Sunrise!

Visit the Official Korea Tourism Organization at:

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto; 

click on "2012 Seollal Special Programs" for more info. 

(I was going to include a quote from their website but decided I won't until I know how to do the citation properly, or until I determine I don't need to bother with proper citations...)

No comments:

Post a Comment