Saturday, March 31, 2012

What I'm learning

Today at the market I specifically looked for my favorite:  "ho-duk" - a hot freshly-made pancake with seeds and some sort of sweetener inside. I was pleased to find them, and even more excited that one of the customers also standing there eating hers showed me something I wouldn't otherwise have known about. After she ate her hot ho-duk from the paper cup it was served in, she spooned some hot brothy soup into the cup and drank it right there. So I followed suit. It was delicious soup! I'm glad I took the time to stand with her and her friend, to observe how they were eating, and to copy them.

I'm learning my numbers fairly well what with always asking, "How much does this cost?" in Korean, and getting used to what the answers sound like. Also, this past week in Korean class I learned how to say the following words:  How was your day? Good; pencil, pencil case, desk, door, chair, foreigner...

1 comment: